Uniplaces is creating a trusted, global brand for student accommodation. We believe in empowering student mobility, especially by making the process of finding accommodation online easier. We are an international, venture backed team and a results oriented business with global ambitions. It is important for us to build a strong team spirit in which everyone feels responsible and empowered to achieve their potential and be rewarded for doing so. Uniplaces is supported by top investors who have created leading consumer internet brands such as Zoopla.co.uk and LOVEFiLM.
As we are expanding globally, we’re now looking for a PHP/Symfony2 Software Engineer to join our team. It takes a mixture of technical knowledge, analytical skills and pure hustle to be able to succeed in this role.
If you join us these will be your responsibilities:
- Design & implement our backend architecture, from the domain layer to our RESTful APIs;
- Write reusable and testable code and participate in code reviews;
- Develop and maintain great software with emphasis on reliability and quality;
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of technology standards, industry trends, emerging technologies, and software development best practices.
- Ability to produce clean code
- Capable of keeping a conversation in English
- At least 3 years experience in OO programming
- At least 2 years experience in Web development
- Fast learner and eager to learn
Nice to have:
- PHP 5.3+ and Symfony2 framework experience
- Familiar with AWS and Git
- Experience with NoSQL databases
- Experience in Unix environments
- Github account with code to look
- Previous startup environment experience
Some of our employee benefits:
- Startup experience in our fast-growing, venture backed company.
- Direct contact with the senior team, and management responsibilities.
- Quick progression & exposure to all areas of the business
- Competitive compensation package, negotiable, based on experience, attractive performance bonus plan & stock option compensation plan
- New Macbook
- Flexibility to take time off when necessary & open vacation policy
- A chance to have fun while working.