Technologies that provide better fuel economy, reduced emissions and great performance – BorgWarner makes it possible. As a leading automotive supplier, we develop innovative powertrain solutions. Our products can be found in efficient gasoline, clean diesel, hybrid and pure electric vehicles as well as in commercial and on/off-highway applications. Through our ongoing commitment to innovation, BorgWarner delivers environmentally-friendly solutions that improve driving comfort, performance and reliability.
BorgWarner Emissions Systems is a leading global manufacturer and supplier of state-of-the-art emissions control systems, ignition systems, diesel cold-start technology and PTC cabin heaters for passenger cars, light trucks and commercial vehicles around the world.
This MRP Controller position is responsible for ensure the fullfillment of customer resquirements by managing all the material flow and coordinating the production planning. Reporting to Logistics Manager, this position will be based in Viana do Castelo plant.
- Coordinates and expedites flow of materials between sections or departments
- Act as a liaison between customer and BW and coordinates follow-up activities to ensure high service level; direct contact with customer to negotiate delivery schedules; ensure all requirements are fulfilled (Edi, Forms, Web pages, scorecard ratios) Inform and react in time if the production plan is in risk at any time (new plan, scaling the item internally…)
- Establish contact with the supplier to exchange information on the status of orders, delivery times, delivery performance
- Reviews/ adjusts material planning schedules to determine material orders and purchasing.
- Organizes material flows and inventory to reach productions targets and work in process goals.
- Stock controlling/-optimization within the area of responsibility.
- Coordinate and follow up of the production plan with Production
- Scope of position is defined by basic problem solving and the relation to the overall assignment or project.
- Technical school education required; Bachelor Degree preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience in logistics related field.
- Must have intermediate- to advanced-level software skills in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- SAP software skills (preferred)
- Professional interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills required.
- German, French or Italian is a plus.
- Action Oriented
- Learning on the Fly
- Customer Focus
- Priority Setting
- Timely Decision Quality
- Interpersonal Savvy