The engineer, Technical Customer Support is located in areas with high market presence of AMO medical equipment (LASER Surgical Equipment).
One prime purpose of the specialist is to provide technical service in cultural and geographic proximity to customers. Consequently this will allow AMO to offer professional and fast support to our customers in Spain.
Further, Specialist, Technical Customer Support can develop, improve and extend existing customer relationships, resulting in incremental sales of services (Service contracts).
Specialist will be key for AMO to closely track performance of medical equipment, respond quickly to customer enquiries and provide accurate feedback on system usage, performance and customer satisfaction.
In her/his technical role, is integrated in the European Field operations, with close relationship to the local equipment manager and sales. He will actively approach customers in regards to sales of services.
AMO Field Service operates in a European network, occasional travel on short term notice within EAM if required.
It is expected that Specialist, Technical Customer Support has a significant positive impact on generation of incremental revenue through their support activities.
- 1. Field Service (65%)
- Provide first line on site support to address local customer issues.
- Perform required safety checks, preventive maintenance and repair as per applicable legal requirements, MDD and in-line with Abbott systems service policy.
- Implement compulsory, mandatory or performance related enhancements to the installed base.
- Delivery, installation and commissioning of Abbott surgical equipment.
- 2. Reporting & Administrative (15%)
- Perform all work according to Abbott’s Quality Management System.
- Maintain and update local market installed base list and device history file.
- Provide regular updates on performance records, warranty tracking and / or customers inquiries in particular
- following the Abbott complaint process.
- Actively drive the complaint process for Abbott continuous product improvement.
- Management of parts trunk stock.
- Maintenance of tools and test equipment.
- 3.- Service Sales and Marketing (5%)
- Initiated and drive sales of service contracts, contract business & service packages.
- 4.- Customer Support (10%)
- Support areas outside of their market to address critical customer situations if requested under consideration of local requirements.
- Takes care for key accounts in local markets.
- Evaluate and communicate specific local market requirements.
- 5.- General (5%)
- Address local market priorities, utilizing Tech Support resources.
- Trade in / trade out programs, second hand units, de-installation and recycling.
- Actively participate in international technical meetings