Unique career opportunity
OutSystems is a Great Place to Work and its business outlook outpaces almost all competitors, having grown at 50% in 2015. With a unique culture based on 7 simple principles, OutSystems is a recognized industry leader with an enviable portfolio of happy customers, a healthy business model, strong financial position, fantastic culture, and amazing team.
About you as Datacenter Operations Engineer Team Leader
- You will be responsible for the operation and evolution of the OutSystems Datacenter operations and services.
- Your goal is to provide scalable operations that are secure, manageable, cost-effective and the foundation to monitor and provide analytics for an agile operation.
- We’ll ask you to take high-level objectives and deliver results – navigating the challenges and prevailing over the setbacks to deliver solid results on time.
- You should have a high level of energy, enthusiasm, intelligence, creativity, and adaptability.
- You understand what “good communication” means and thrive in a high performance team.
Key Challenges and Responsibilities:
- Take overall responsibility for incident management and request fulfillment of Datacenter Services.
- Continuous enhancement of the support knowledge base for self-service portal.
- Team management and development, ensuring that staffing and skill levels are adequate.
- Maintain excellent customer and management communication regarding issues, project status, and effectively handling escalations as they arise
- Enforce Data Center Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and recommend/implement solutions to ensure optimal service performance and reliability.
- Share best practices with the team and other areas of the company.
We need this from you:
- 10+ years experience with 2+ years experience managing IT operations.
- Fluent English verbal and written skills;
- Able to work in a creative (and fun) environment;
- Loves technology and the cloud;
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results under pressure with limited resources, to adapt to changing requirements; to plan, organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Understanding of key roles and decision making process inside IT organizations.
- Outstanding communicator oriented to the audience at hand;
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science fields.
We value this:
- Exposure to Agile and ITIL methodologies and the ability to apply theory into practice on a large scale.
- Functional knowledge of large scale client server technology patterns such as compute, data storage, and networking as service.
- Cloud IaaS provider experience (Amazon AWS, Azure, etc.) is a plus
- Scrum Certification
What We Have to Offer:
- Young, talented, and motivated people all over the place.
- Relaxed and diverse workplace with fun areas and cool office perks.
- Competitive compensation package.