ASR Group is the world’s largest refiner and marketer of cane sugar, with an annual production capacity of more than 6 million tons of sugar. The company produces a full line of grocery, industrial, food service and specialty sweetener products. Across North America, ASR Group owns and operates six sugar refineries, located in Louisiana, New York, California, Maryland, Canada and Mexico. In the European Union, the company owns and operates sugar refineries in England, Portugal and Italy. ASR Group also owns and operates mills in Mexico and Belize. The company’s brand portfolio includes the leading brands Domino®, C&H®, Redpath®, Tate & Lyle®, Lyle’s® and Sidul®.
Providing crucial support to the business by ensuring all vendor invoices and expenses are entered accurately and paid within the required parameters. Ensuring manual journals, customer deductions (price differences and others) and periodic accruals and deferrals are correctly classified and entered into SAP.
DETAILED ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Accurately processing, matching, coding and scanning invoices (via IXOS) into the SAP system
- Liaising with both internal and external vendors in relation to processing of invoices; resolving queries timely
- Ensuring compliance with company policy in relation to vendor invoices
- Liaising with purchasing in resolving internal discrepancies
- Compiling vendors’ invoices for VIES reporting
- Preparing and posting manual journal, such as raw sugar accounting, customer deductions (price differences and others), VAT clearance, petty cash documents and periodic accruals and deferrals
- Raising manual invoices, debit and credit notes in Finance SAP
- Assisting in Year End audit
ESSENTIAL CAPABILITIES (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES)
- Understanding of accounting standards
- Knowledge of VAT rules
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication, organisational and time management skills
- Self-starter with the ability to work under tight deadlines
- Team Player
- Medium level of aptitude in Microsoft applications required
- Able to communicate (written and verbal) in English
ESSENTIAL WORK EXPERIENCES
- Experience of working in accounts payable team.
- SAP experience preferred
ESSENTIAL EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Degree in Finance, Accountancy or related field, or high school diploma in accounting area.