As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
Start dates: April and September 2017
Purpose and Objectives:
SAP customers represent 98% of the top 100 most valued brands in the world.
Are you ready to become part of SAP’s next generation sales force? We are looking for highly motivated self- starters with a passion for communicating the value of technology solutions to new and existing customers.
After completing our 12-month SAP Academy for Presales successfully, you will continue your career in SAP Presales specializing in one of our software solutions. Depending on your interest and the country needs, you may add an industry focus to your skills.
A Presales Specialist typically:
- Supports the SAP Account Executive (AE) and software deal process by providing deep product and/or industry expertise in all customer engagement activities
- Develops and delivers high impact, memorable and engaging customer facing presentations which highlight the unique value and differentiators of SAP solutions
- Knows their assigned software solution at an expert level
- Acts as a trusted advisor to the customer
- Is a high profile member of the account team
What is the SAP Academy for Presales?
The SAP Presales Academy is a world-class one year global training program that includes six months of classroom-style learning at our state-of-the-art facility just outside San Francisco, California, followed by six months of on-the-job training at one of SAP’s many international office locations. Your experience with SAP will start with 1 month onboarding in your local SAP office, during which you will already be introduced to your mentor, a senior Presales team member, whom you will shadow and who will provide extensive exposure to your future role.
Throughout the program, you will build the foundations needed for success in the Presales profession. Our experiential learning includes Role Plays, Presentations, Case Studies, Whiteboarding, Classroom Learning, Individual Coaching and Team Competitions.
The Academy teaches the latest innovative solutions, sales methodology and discovery techniques. Innovative learning methods include Design Thinking, Financial Case studies, Interpersonal Skills and Social Selling, among others.
Expectations and tasks:
As part of an experienced account team, your tasks upon completion of the 12 month program will include:
- Creating and delivering high impact, engaging software demonstrations that compel the customer to select SAP
- Supporting demand generation activities by staffing marketing events
- Providing deal execution support by responding to requests for proposals
- Leading customer discovery and site survey activities to uncover business challenges and opportunities for innovation
- Assisting with post sale customer care engagements
Education and Qualifications/Skills and Competencies:
- Successful completion of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
- The SAP Academy for Presales looks for a wide variety of backgrounds such as Accounting, Finance, Information Systems, Engineering, Human Resources or General Business studies
- Demonstrated leadership in curricular and extra-curricular activities
- Public speaking experience; possessing an aptitude and passion for public speaking
- A self-starter with strong interpersonal skills who is eager to learn and creative
- Possess a strong desire to work in a dynamic, fast paced sales organization providing demand generation & deal execution support
- Technically oriented possessing an aptitude for rapidly learning complex software applications
- Be eager to excel in a vigorous, structured 12-month training program with significant quarterly certification requirements
- Possess strong business aptitude
- Be able to rapidly assimilate and distil complex topics in the form of a presentation
- Be willing to relocate for the first 6 months of the program to Dublin, California and potentially after completion of the one year program
- Fluent in English and local language, written and spoken
- Maximum of 5 years of work experience with a demonstrated track record of success
- Understanding of at least one line of business (HR, finance, procurement etc.) and/or industry knowledge (Manufacturing, Consumer Products, Professional Services etc.)
- Relevant projects that demonstrate your communication and interpersonal skills, as well as a strong work ethic that delivers high quality deliverables