Cloud Services at OutSystems is responsible for the operation and evolution of the OutSystems Public Cloud offer. Our goal is to provide scalable operations that deliver secure, manageable, cost-effective cloud services and the foundation to monitor and provide analytics for an agile offer to customers.
As part of the Cloud Operations team at Cloud Services, you will be managing and evolving the cloud infrastructure of OutSystems customers by performing administrative tasks in the cloud infrastructure, identifying automation needs and leveraging your knowledge to help us grow our cloud. We are a team with several profiles, from software engineers, developers, to sysadmins, all working for the same goal of optimizing and ensuring the reliability of the cloud infrastructure supporting our Cloud offer.
Challenges and Responsibilities:
- Maintain OutSystems’ PaaS cloud infrastructure for our customers – keeping systems up to date at all technological levels;
- Optimize operation for scalability keeping in mind performance and reliability;
- Fine-tune the OutSystems Platform for cloud use;
- Plan and execute patch deployment and systems’ configuration;
- Share best practices with the team and other areas of the company working with the cloud;
- Be involved in the design and specification of new product features, contributing to R&D efforts;
- Routing feedback from customers and team to Product Management, contributing to product quality and growth and adding value to the customer experience;
- Serve as an evangelist, mentor, knowledge resource, and trainer for Customers, Partners and OutSystems’ Employees – sharing the knowledge.
We need this from you:
- Fluent English verbal and written skills;
- Able to work in a creative (and fun) environment;
- Team player with great work ethics and accountability;
- Loves technology and the cloud;
- Networking knowledge;
- Education: Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering preferred.
We value this:
- Scripting and automation languages (e.g. python, bash, powershell);
- Amazon AWS Services full service stack.
- AWS Certifications;
- OutSystems Professional Support Engineer Certification.
It is all about the opportunity to learn:
- Operating Systems (Windows or Linux);
- Application Servers (IIS or JBoss);
- Relational Databases (SQL Server, Oracle, or MySQL);
- NoSQL databases (DynamoDB, MongoDB)
- Security management; Firewalls and Intrusion Detection Systems;
- Communications Protocols (TCP, HTTP/S, DNS, SSH).
- Deployment and automation frameworks (e.g. chef, puppet).