The incumbent is mainly responsible for all activities adhering to web and digital content, but is not limited to this activity if need arises in other departments.
Tasks and Competencies
- Design with graphical programms, such as Adobe, Affinity, etc.
- Create and maintain a content strategy to ensure web content reflects brand and events, and that drives online bookings, restaurant reservations, and ticket sales.
- Concept creative for digital promotions for entertainment and room offers that drive traffic and conversions to the website.
- Assure web content is accurate, up-to-date, and archived appropriately for future needs and reference.
- Manage web projects and daily updates to website.
- Copyedit and proofread all web content.
- Track and analyze e-commerce performance related to customer buying patterns, conversion rates, volumes, trends, etc.
- Create, develop, and execute an editorial calendar for the company’s web presence in collaboration with the digital marketing team and business leaders.
- Create and manage workflows for daily requests for information changes and updates.
- Oversee freelancers, including writers, designers, photographers, copyeditors, and web agencies to ensure quality content on the web to drive results.
- To manage the resorts and Terra’s social media presence.
- To create visual content for the web as well as print material by the use of Photoshop, pixelmator etc.
- To develop a close working relationship with all departments, colleagues and managers to ensure guest expectations are met.
- To actively liaise with all revenue generating departments, insuring integrity of the product.
- To ensure effective daily communication with all departments.
- To work to the Terra Priorities.
- To be willing to help other departments of the hotel wherever possible and to understand the flexibility required when business levels peak and trough, to deliver the best possible service.
- To be present and participate in all required activities, events and performances.
- To deliver excellent customer service, at all times.
- To research and develop new business ideas and opportunities.
- To prepare presentation and any promotional material.
- To maintain the website and all social media channels.
- To assist with implementing sales & marketing strategies.
- To undertake assignments as directed by the management.
- To prepare reports as requested by the management.
- To maintain office hours as required to complete required work
- Must be knowledgeable about display advertising, SEO & SEM and social media
- Exceptional business and creative writing skills
- Ability to write and develop digital marketing and website creative content to execution for digital marketing and website
- Adobe Photoshop/Pixelmator skills to create online and print media
- Apply marketing attribution and capable of optimizing the online marketing mix
- Expert knowledge of digital marketing platforms such as Google Analytics
- Superior communication, conceptual, organizational, writing, proofreading and multitasking skills.
- Strong multi-tasking and problem solving skills along with the ability to meet aggressive deadlines.
- Proficiency in the local language, English and minimum one additional language
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Bachelor Diploma
- At least 1 year work experience in the field
- Should be familiar with hotel operations
- Friendly & outgoing
- Team Player
- Strong communication skills (verbal, listening & writing)
- Planning/Organizational capabilities
- Professional behaviour
- Interpersonal skills
- Results oriented
- Customer service oriented
- Exemplary professional writing skills in two languages
- Must be willing to work some evenings and weekends and holidays.