Engineering Services is an elite group at OutSystems – a highly motivated team with the ability to troubleshoot the most complex and cutting edge issues on OutSystems and cloud technologies for our worldwide customers. Our goal is to deliver a flawless experience with the OutSystems Platform to our customers, both onsite and on the Cloud with our Platform as a Service offer.
Support Engineers at OutSystems are leaders on all technical and functional aspects of deploying and operating the OutSystems Platform in very large and complex environments. They are also champions in customer facing and the visible part of OutSystems in helping them solve their problems, while promoting the company values and acting as Technical Consultants for our customers. As part of the Technical Support team, you will be working with customers on problem-solving with the OutSystems Platform and related technologies, work with customers to help them become autonomous, contributing with R&D to the evolution of the product and leveraging your knowledge to help customers, colleagues and the company grow.
As you come in get ready for an initial 12 week ramp-up program, in which we will prepare you to deal with every challenge and complex problems you might face. Besides that, you’ll always have skilled fellow Support Engineers prepared to help you at anytime. We believe in growing our people, so we are preparing you to grow and maximizing your potential – in this or in other parts of our organization.
Challenges and responsibilities
As a Support Engineer you will be working in areas such as:
- Resolving technical challenges and business issues related to the OutSystems Platform;
- Plan and execute large-scale product deployment, reconfiguration, and technical auditing projects;
- Share best practices to make customer support better and more efficient;
- Serve as an evangelist, mentor, knowledge resource, and trainer for Customers, Partners and OutSystems’ Employees – share the knowledge;
- Be involved in the design and specification of new product features, contributing to R&D efforts;
- Be part of the change, routing feedback and influencing Product Management contributing to product quality and roadmap;
- Advocate for customers and define ways to continually add value to the customer experience;
- Actively design, plan, implement customer support processes, procedures and policies including FAQ analysis, case reviews, and customer feedback analysis.
All this work has the goal of enabling the success of OutSystems customers. You are part of this experience and your contribution is game-changer!
- Fluent English verbal and written skills;
- Great interest in problem-solving and troubleshooting in general;
- Able to work in a creative (and fun) environment under minimal supervision;
- Proactive attitude, suggesting new ways to do things better. Lead the change;
- Team player with great work ethics and accountability;
- Loves technology and the cloud.
Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or Telecommunications and Informatics Engineering.
Working at Engineering Services means you will be working with several technologies. Some technology requirements for this position:
- Solid foundations in Windows and/or Linux systems, including:
- Operating Systems (Windows or Linux)
- Application Servers (IIS or JBoss)
- Databases (SQL Server, Oracle, or MySQL)
- SOA architectures, Web Services, XML and object-oriented programming languages (C#, Java preferred);
- Experience with is a plus:
- Public cloud providers (Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud)
- Virtualization technologies (VMware, Hyper-V, VirtualBox)
- Communications Protocols (TCP, HTTP/S, FTP, DNS, SSH)
- Knowledge of:
- Windows or Linux scripting languages (e.g. bash, vbscript)
- Network: LANs, WANs, network segments, Internet, and intranet systems
- Security management: Firewalls and Intrusion Detection Systems, Large Scale Antivirus Solutions.
Training and Compensation
As part of Engineering Services, team members are eligible to get:
- Extra training (Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, virtualization technologies like VMware or AWS Amazon) meaning an investment of +30% comparing with other areas of the company;
- Premium compensation, i.e., premium lump sum added to your base salary just for belonging to this group;
- Extra compensation part of the operational routines (24/7 remote support and US shift).