We are looking for a dynamic and experienced General Manager with previous experience in a five star international hotel and with strong leadership skills.
The General Manager is responsible for planning and managing the operations of the hotel to achieve customer (guests, employees, corporate and owners) satisfaction and quality service while meeting/exceeding financial goals.
- The General Manager is responsible for short and long term planning and day-to-day operations.
- Recommends the hotel’s budget, marketing plans and business plans and manages within approved plans and objectives.
- Position is responsible for the direct supervision of the hotel’s executive committee and the indirect supervision of all hotel employees.
- The General Manager has ultimate responsibility for the overall satisfaction and achievement of the hotel’s goals.
- Increase and maintain the value of the asset.
- Manage the operations of the hotel in order to maximize profitability and to ensure superior guest service and product quality.
- Coordinate capital improvement projects to maintain/upgrade quality standards and property image – there is an actual product improvement plan affecting the property to be deployed during 2016/2017.
- Manages performance issues that arise within the management team.
- Leads the business team through the attendance of all scheduled meetings.
- Work directly with the Human Resources function, to ensure appropriate hiring, training, motivating, coaching, counseling and developing of team members.
- Effectively communicates with team members.
- Evaluate changes in guest needs, the guest mix and competitive set, to recommend appropriate product/service and operational changes as necessary.
- Ensures guest and employee satisfaction, while maintaining market competitiveness and exceptional financial performance.
- Anticipate and address guest issues and establish proactive processes to promote guest satisfaction.
- Be an inspiration to all hotel staff to achieve luxury levels of performance.
- Interacts in a positive way with all team members to ensure a luxury guest experience.
- Ability to lead and manage stakeholders community relationship.