OutSystems is a Great Place to Work and its business outlook outpaces almost all competitors, having grown at 50% in 2015. With a unique culture based on 7 simple principles, OutSystems is a recognized industry leader with an enviable portfolio of happy customers, a healthy business model, strong financial position, fantastic culture, and amazing team.
About you as Datacenter Operations Engineer:
As part of the Datacenter Operations team at IT Services, you will be managing and evolving the Datacenter infrastructure , performing administrative tasks and identifying automation needs. We are a team working for the same goal of optimizing and ensuring the reliability of the infrastructure supporting our business.
Key Challenges and Responsibilities:
- Maintain OutSystems Datacenter Services – On Premises and Cloud;
- Continuous enhancement of the support knowledge base for self-service portal;
- Be involved in the design and specification of data center services, keeping systems up to date at all technological levels;
- Optimize operation for scalability keeping in mind performance and reliability;
- Plan and execute patch deployment and systems’ configuration;
- Share best practices with the team and other areas of the company.
We need this from you:
- 5+ years experience supporting IT operations;
- Fluent English verbal and written skills;
- Able to work in a creative (and fun) environment;
- Loves technology and the cloud;
- Team player with great work ethics and accountability.
We value this:
- Exposure to Agile and ITIL methodologies;
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science fields;
- Scripting and automation languages (e.g. python, bash, powershell);
- Advanced knowledge of Linux and Microsoft Operating Systems;
- Experience with Relational Databases (SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL);
- Security management; Firewalls and Intrusion Detection Systems;
- Cloud IaaS provider experience (Amazon AWS, Azure, etc.) is a plus;
- Microsoft Certification (MCSE) or equivalent certification in relevant programs desired;
- Managing in excess of 50 Server infrastructure;
- Managing server virtualization technologies like VMWare;
- A solid understanding of LAN/WAN networking.
What We Have to Offer:
- Young, talented, and motivated people all over the place;
- Relaxed and diverse workplace with fun areas and cool office perks;
- Competitive compensation package.