The Business Unit Manager – Retail Fresh is responsible for the Retail Fresh sector strategy definition and for the short & medium term activities implementation as defined in this strategy. The business unit manager has both direct as indirect responsibilities on the Retail Fresh sector commercial activities. To achieve this, the business unit manager leads the Retail Fresh sector team. The position is based in Joure, The Netherlands and is open for international candidates.
Lilian Escalon (Director SBA Europe), about the position: The Retail Fresh team operates in a rapidly developing, highly diverse, multicultural world market. Continuously gaining better knowledge and understanding of the clients of our customers is a vital part of HZPC’s Retail Fresh differentiation strategy. A global strategy that aims to create, select and deliver distinctive products fulfilling perfectly local consumers’ needs and society requirements. If our essence of strategy ‘Growth and Differentiation through Innovation and Communication’ resonates with yourself and with your professional expertise, then we look forward to meeting you!
The main activities of the business unit manager are:
- To formulate and implement the sector strategy, delivering a high standard of service from the sector’s team to our customers.
- To be responsible for the annual and long-term sales forecasts and detailed sales planning with the goal to achieve HZPC’s long and mid-term objectives.
- To be responsible for sales of seed and/or ware potatoes and for the pre- and after sales activities aiming to reach the sector’s and company’s financial targets (like turnover, margin, ROI etc).
- To set, together with the other business unit managers and the SBAE Director, the seed potato prices.
- To be responsible for the license conditions and fees as part of the sector’s commercial strategy.
- To be responsible for the sector’s variety portfolio and for the product/market combinations.
- To implement HZPC’s and specific Sector Retail Fresh differentiation strategy, stimulating the creation of sales arguments, product ranges, services and marketing concepts based on continuous market analyses.
Your role within the company:
- The business unit manager is part of the group’s Management Team. It means that the business unit manager also has responsibilities towards the whole company strategy and the HZPC group’s performance.
- The business unit manager reports to the SBAE Director.
- The business unit manager is responsible for coordination of work processes throughout the different HZPC companies. He is the first contact person for the HZPC subsidiaries’ Managing Directors regarding every Retail Fresh intercompany activities.
- Driven by the needs from SBDA, he makes connection with the SBDA projects relative to Retail Fresh markets.
- The business unit manager has direct managing responsibility over the Retail Fresh team including HZPC’s ware potato department.
- The position is executed from the HZPC office in Joure (The Netherlands) with frequent international travelling.
For this position we are looking for candidates who recognise themselves in the following profile:
- Business chain knowhow combined with marketing skills are important success factors in this function.
- You are an excellent contact person for our highly professional international customer base. Therefore, you can build successful contacts at different levels of the business chain. You also have a specific knowledge of “Fresh produce” products and of various processes in this sector. You have a proven experience in B-to-B activities dealing with long development cycle products, (such as Seeds or Chemicals).
- You have a working experience with some supermarket chains (Retailer needs definition / or B-to-C marketing).
- You have proven commercial qualities, preferably obtained in the international trade.
- You are able to work on operational, strategic as well as tactical level.
- You have a hands-on mentality and are focussed on delivering results.
- You are able to manage and inspire a well experienced team.
- You have the possibility, flexibility and willingness to travel frequently.
- You have good knowledge of the English language and preferably also another foreign language, like French, Spanish or German.