Solvay Business Services (SBS) is the Solvay Group’s global service provider.
SBS currently employs a team of about 1900 professionals worldwide, distributed in 90 sites and 25 countries. We are organized in a number of Front-office satellites, coordinated by 4 regional centers of expertise (in Lyon, Cranbury, São Paulo, Singapore) and providing global services from 3 integrated Back-Office centers in Lisbon, Curitiba and Bangkok.
The Lisbon Back-Office currently employs about 350 employees, working in an international environment where the official language is English and providing services in 6 other languages (Portuguese, French, German, Dutch, Spanish and Italian), through a fully-integrated SAP-based system.
This position is to integrate the Accounts Receivable Team in our Carnaxide offices, and the main responsibilities are:
- To produce full Accounts receivable services under the scope, from cash allocation to management of doubtful customers, on a timely basis, according to defined procedures, respecting quality and compliance
- To answer requests from customers or internal stakeholders
- Detecting, documenting and following customer issues preventing cash allocation on time
- Coordinating resolution through direct contact with Credit Management, Sales and Customer Service teams, making proposals to address root causes
- Manage unmatched payments, and residual amounts to ensure customer account reconciliation
- Participate to process improvement projects and initiative
- Contribute effectively to overall team’s objectives, in terms of integration, sharing knowledge, good environment and service
- Degree in accounting or finance.
- Can be a starter
- Good in English communication skills in both writing and speaking
- Strong attention to detail, goal oriented
- Experience with SAP is plus
- Commitment to excellent customer service
- Autonomy, dynamic, reliable, team player, proactive, can-do attitude and flexible.