Nokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things. Serving customers in over 100 countries, our research scientists and engineers continue to invent and accelerate new technologies that will increasingly transform the way people and things communicate and connect.
Proactively plans and performs advanced technical activities requiring knowledge in multiple areas or on a system level to service the customer. Prioritizes work based on customer impact, and brings expertise to customer site on need basis.
Main Responsibility Area
Identifies and solves proactively demanding problems and communicates them to key stakeholders. Participates as an expert in own technology area in customer projects. May support areas by participating in emergency and 24/7 duty. Is active in networking and knowledge sharing. Develops processes, tools and working methods.
- Plans, designs, test, execute, analyses, and reports on process improvements to gain fastest troubleshooting.
- Reviews network problems and ensures all learning’s are shared with appropriate stakeholders.
- Develops scripts/macros to perform health checks to speed up troubleshooting efforts.
- Provides technical guidance, leads CH workshops, and support to other GSD CH engineers to avoid/minimize troubleshooting challenges.
- Perform lab testing to ensure major SW releases challenges and best practices are included in Troubleshooting Guides, working alongside GSD, CSS and R&D.
- Reviews recently published Technical Notes and Change Notes to ensure fastest problem solving when encountering known problems.
- Launch, trials and pilot projects support.
- Engineer graduated in Telecommunications, IT or Electronic Engineering.
- Fluent spoken and written English.
- Strong experience and understanding of Mobile Networks (GMS, UMTS, LTE) and IP Networks.
- Experience with Implementation, Integration, Acceptance Tests, O&M and/or Care for Telecommunication Products.
- Competences/Expertise in GSM/UMTS/LTE system validation (end-to-end performance, KPI handling, mobile devices).
- Solid experience with Protocol Analyzer Tools (Wireshark, Tektronics etc.) and internal message flow protocols.
- Experience in Case Handling, including Emergency Support activities.
- Solid experience with Nokia Core products (Subscriber Data Management) NT-HLR, HSS and OneNDS.
- Candidate must have worked as Engineer for respective technology, also if worked on integration interfaces then will be an added advantage.
Candidates should possess following personal attributes
- Good team player
- Ability to work under pressure
- Willingness to continuous learning
- Ability to work independently
- 24×7 availability in case needed