The successful candidate will work within a team (local and EMEA wide) of support engineers focused on resolving our End Customer’s technical & product issues. This requires scoping and troubleshooting complex issues, managing the customer’s expectations and collaborating with others to meet those expectations in the shortest possible time. This position requires the ability to provide technical support on Windows Networking.
- Communicate with customers, CSS engineers and appropriate subsidiary staff via electronic correspondence or telephone. Assist with onsite support regarding mission critical problems experienced with the supported technology & product within your team.
- Solve complex level of problems, involving broad product knowledge or functionality specialty redirected by CSS or escalated by EMEA subsidiary sites. Provide solutions that satisfy customers which will involve handling difficult situations (complaint handling, sensitive customer, mission critical).
- Take an active role in challenging and suggesting enhancements on existing processes and workflow.
- Develop own technical & functional knowledge on products/technologies related to the team scope.
- Write technical articles in order to distribute technical information to all Customers, CSS engineering and subsidiary staff.
- Attend triage meetings with local CSS engineers to share knowledge and efficiently develop customer solutions.
- Develop and deliver internal CSS and customer technical trainings/workshops in specialty areas.
- Perform technical mentoring and assisting of CSS engineers and SMS&P to ensure the quality of support given.
- Preparation and Delivery of pro-active support services (Supportability Reviews and Expert Roundtables). Contribute to those topics in supported technology and define scope of upcoming technologies.
- Assist with special projects as assigned (International Business & Process Improvement). Assist in special projects in conjunction with other MS departments (MCS, Pre Sales …).
- Assist in hot-site issues by setting customer expectations, devising action plans and communicating to BG, SMS&P, partners and customers.
- Use sophisticated tools to analyze complex problems and develop solutions to meet customer needs.
- Assist in representing Microsoft in any forum (i.e. seminars, technical or marketing, conferences event).
- Work with local marketing people for product feedback & new product launches.
- May participate in 24×7 rotation based on products/technologies knowledge (Country dependent).
Key Success Criteria:
- Ability to delight customers, contribution to team customer satisfaction goals.
- Excellent Team player.
- Strong ownership of customer issues.
- Realise personal accountability within team.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Solid foundation and background in Microsoft products and technologies.
- Infrastructure / Network Administration
- Strong TCPIP routing knowledge and understanding of the protocol
- Troubleshooting at the expert level within large network environments
- Packet sniffers and\or Netmon
- VPN, IPsec
- DHCP, DNS, SMB, FTP, HTTP/s
- Notions of Private, Hybrid and Public Cloud
- Knowledge of Hyper-V Networking and notions of Software Defined Networking Technologies
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Windows servers and client operating Systems
- Automation / Scripting skills using Power Shell, VB Scripts, XML etc.
- Programming skills is C, C++, ASP, C#, XML, .NET, etc.
- Understanding of IaaS cloud services
- Virtual Switching, Virtual Networks, NVGRE, Load Balancing
- Notions of trace and dump analysis
- Knowledge of Linux operating systems
- Knowledge of other European languages is a plus
- Customer focused.
- Technically credible.
- Excellent communication skills both spoken and written.
- Able to work well under pressure and meet commitments.
- Ability to communicate with international customers (cultural awareness).
- Degree in Computer Science preferred or, alternatively, in a technical discipline.
- Desirable MCSD, MCSE, MCSA or other Microsoft certification(s) in some of the technologies mentioned above.