The Vendor Management (VM) team is concentrating on the 100 biggest suppliers of Solvay Business Services (SBS) representing 80% of total external expense. Among these, the specific category “Software editors” has developed a business model based on licenses and maintenance (yearly fee in the range of 15-25% of the license cost). As this industry has been evolving to more complexity, more globalization and also more “audits” to verify acquired usage rights vs. effective usage, Solvay is willing to build a new position in the Software Asset Management domain.
This mission of 12 months, with possible extension, consists in:
- Rolling-out the organization which was defined by the Solvay SAM workgroup and document the attributed roles and responsibilities.
- Collect and document the acquired usage rights evidence (contracts, licenses, purchase orders) for important software editors by the priorities established with the VM manager.
- Lead the usage metering actions in coordination with the IS teams.
- If necessary, coordinate usage metering actions/missions by external specialized firms.
- Based on the RFI available results , lead the RFP aiming to select a SAM tool if considered as appropriate.
- Publish compliance levels progressively for the main editors and provide a detailed risk analysis for each.
- Propose short and long term optimizations such as : apply rationalization when applicable (decommissioning unused licenses), reduce maintenance, better pooling of licenses by globalization actions.
- Master degree in IS or Management or Purchasing
- Required knowledge: IS & Project Management
- Languages: English mandatory, French is a plus
- Required experience: a 3+ year experience in the IS infrastructure (office automation, systems) is an asset
- Behavioral competencies: Result orientation, Initiative, Collaboration
- Business travel requirement: Western Europe mainly France and Belgium.