The BNP Paribas Group is a leader in banking and financial services, employing over 184,000 people across 75 countries and 5 continents.
BNP Paribas Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB) is a leading European investment bank with global leadership in many of our businesses. BNP Paribas CIB, with nearly 30,000 employees in over 57 countries, can offer you an exciting and truly global career.
The FXMM Back Office (BO) is in charge of all Foreign Exchange, Precious Metal and Money Market transactions booked under one of the four legal entities (BNPP Paris, BNPP London, BPSS, FINAMS) for Fixed Income and ALM Treasury Paris departments.
The Back Office provides essential risk management and control, preserving and enhancing the firm’s assets and its reputation.
Our main clients are Corporates (major corporations & medium-sized companies) and Financial institutions (general and specialised international banks, pension funds, fund managers, insurance companies, central banks and supranational entities).
The Production teams handle all transactions initiated by our trading desks in Paris, London, Singapore and New York, by ensuring that all trades feeding the Back Office systems are confirmed, matched, announced to our treasury and settled in due time.
The Back Office Front Line Manager is responsible for supervising all team activities to ensure timely and accurate processing of all requests pertaining to the Matching department.
The BO FLM will be also responsible for ensuring that Matching officers adhere and follow BNPP policies and procedures.
The Matching team is responsible for ensuring the integrity and accuracy of the risk undertaken by the business lines. A wide range of products are traded by the Trading desk including Forex, Loan & Deposits, Metals and Non Deliverable Forward (NDF). The Matching’s team’s primary function is to support the Trading and Sales desks through the matching of electronic and OTC Physical confirmations for all these products.
The Matching team performs a critical control role in the timely reconciliation of bookings with clients’ confirmations. The team ensures that all incoming confirmations are controlled, issues identified, reported and fixed by working closely with traders, sales people, IT and Legal departments. We are involved in process improvements with special focus on STP processing and management of risk and controls, new product initiatives, development of new business in all regions
- Defining and structuring operations team’s responsibilities and duties.
- Coordinating the setup and daily management of the operations teams.
- Assisting the Manager on human resources aspects (recruiting resources, turnover anticipation, daily organisation, appraisals ….
- Daily management of controls reporting and creation of new reports when new risks are identified.
- Improve and implement operational procedures.
- Liaising with IT departments to raise tool issues and log bug/enhancements requests.
- Supporting team members on their outstanding issues until full resolution.
- Management and follow up of Novation agreement files coming from the Front Office
- Negotiation and execution of Master Confirmation Agreements in order to enhance the Standard Through Processing rate (STP).
- Attending to different Working groups in the industry (ISDA/EMTA, FX Post Trade Automation, Metrics…
- Improving services and processes to clients, Back Office and Front Office.
- Meet clients’ expectations in the strict respect of internal group policies and procedures in place.
- Following laws and regulations functions (Legal, Compliance, Market initiatives).
- Transmit desk instructions for all functions under each scope of control, ensuring adherence of the team members and defining service process.
- Organize and animate daily meetings with their respective clerks by analysing Key Performance Indicators (KPI), set up problem solving sessions when necessary and escalate to relevant persons any long outstanding issue.
- Training/Coaching team members and work closely with them to continuously enhance KPIs and team’s productivity wherever possible.
- Monthly production of statistics and reporting of activity via the Dashboard tool
- Conduct regular review of end-to-end processes
- Identify areas for continuous improvement to ensure effectiveness, efficiency and mitigation of potential risks
- Review business requirements for systems enhancement and automation of manual processes.
- Participation to different projects (Transfer of activity, new IT tools/products implementation, TAC/NACs validation….
- Master Degree in Finance, Economics or equivalent.
- Fluent in English (written and spoken).
- FX and Global Markets knowledge.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Effective problem solver and consensus builder.
- Ability to learn.
- Client focus.
- Be driven, enthusiastic and dynamic in search of improving processes, controls & procedures
- Strong Excel skills.
- Flexible, accurate & control minded.
- Ability to manage operational risk.
- Ability to prioritize workloads & use a proactive approach to meet deadlines.