The Robotics Process Automation Technical Architect has a wide experience in varied technologies such as Web Technologies (J2EE, .NET etc.), desktop applications (Windows, Java), integration technologies and other platforms.
Main Responsibility Area
The technical architect works closely with the process architect to define the potential for automation for a particular process. Should poses knowledge of the automation product, understands the client IT landscape, confirms the feasibility of the automation for the processes in scope, and defines the technical architecture needed to develop, test and deploy the automation components.
Responsibilities include, but may not be restricted to:
- Support pre-sale activities and provide technical solutions, effort estimation, define delivery strategy and plan
- Evaluate RPA tools and provide recommendations
- Assess automation opportunity from technical perspective and perform due diligence to arrive at an optimal solution.
- Define the technical framework considering all relevant artifacts including,
- Method of access (internal client network, internet, local access)
- User Authentication (SSO, central LDAP, individual log in)
- IT Security and/or Audit Policies which impact the robot deployment
- User Authorization Processes, its lead times & request process
- Application landscape
- Applications requiring fat client, any client installation to access, or require individual logins to access
- Technical impacts of applications using OCR or Adobe Flash
- Technical impacts of applications accessed behind Citrix.
- Hosting & Environments
- Hosting Locations and Hosting provider (Internal / 3rd party)
- Availability of test system by application
- Availability of “production like” test data within test applications
- Consistency of test data between applications
- Performance & Availability
- Performance of key applications in the process that could limit the average handling time of the automation
- System availability & timings
- Anticipate, identify, track and resolve technical issues and risks affecting delivery
- Assist development team in resolving technical problems
- Assist Support teams to resolve issues
- Coordinate and participate in structured peer reviews and walkthroughs
- Bachelor/Master’s university degree in Engineering/Computer Science
- 10 to 12 years of IT experience. Minimum two years of experience in leading architecture and design
- Strong understanding of IT infrastructure, network topologies, application authentication/authorization and virtual server/desktop environment
- Robotic products infrastructure and sizing, nuances associated with UI automation with various IT landscapes
- Should have led a minimum of two project implementations as lead architect in RPA space, involving at least one of the market leading automation products, i.e. Blue Prism, Automation Anywhere, UI Path etc.
- Experience in defining the architecture of enterprise level applications involving multiple systems, sub-systems and ERPs
- Experience front ending client facing discussions and interfacing with Client Business, IT and Architecture teams
- Deep knowledge of industry leading automation products capabilities and technical requirements
- Good communication skills & customer interaction skills
- Certification in industry leading Robotics Process Automation Products
- Certification in Technical Architecture Design
The job grade is indicative. It may be higher or lower subject to company harmonization of Nokia leveling structure.
Depending on experience/ seniority position may also be determined on higher job grade.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.