Nokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things. Serving customers in over 100 countries, our research scientists and engineers continue to invent and accelerate new technologies that will increasingly transform the way people and things communicate and connect.
Proactively plans and performs advanced technical activities requiring knowledge in multiple areas or on a system level to service the customer. Prioritizes work based on customer impact, and brings expertise to customer site on need basis.
Main Responsibility Area
Identifies and solves proactively demanding problems and communicates them to key stakeholders. Participates as an expert in own technology area in customer projects. May support areas by participating in emergency and 24/7 duty. Is active in networking and knowledge sharing. Develops processes, tools and working methods.
- Providing leadership and guidance during the emergency event
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering, or related field, or with BS equivalent in years in experience.
- Possess 8-10 years of related experienced combined with assignments in design, technical support, and/or software/product development.
- Nokia Level 4, or 5, expertise in given field of expertise Mobile Core (MSS/MGW)
- Is a change agent. Has the ability to change the tone of a call and persuade others to follow their technical lead.
- Ability to multi-task, managing a live bridge with customer and troubleshoot on live network. Knows how to buy time with tact.
- Decisive and able to make difficult decisions. Prioritizing and takes appropriate actions, yet willing to be held accountable for those decisions and actions.
- Proven presentation and training skills.
- Capable to utilize and create advanced troubleshooting tools and methods.
- Knowledge in system level parameters and understand KPIs
- Must have practical debug experiences with complex system designs
- Trained in Kepner Tregoe techniques is a positive.
- Engineer graduated in Telecommunications, IT or Electronic Engineering.
- Fluent spoken and written English.
- Strong experience and understanding of Cellular Networks (GMS, UMTS, LTE) and IP Networks (desirable: Cisco Certifications)
- Experience with Implementation, Integration, Acceptance Tests, O&M and/or Care for Telecommunication Products.
- Competences/Expertise in GSM/UMTS/LTE system validation (end-to-end performance, KPI handling, mobile devices)
- Experience in Emergency Support activities
- Solid experience with Protocol Analyzer Tools and Internal Message Monitoring
- Solid experience with Nokia equipment: MSS, MGW, TAS, BGW