Fuze is a global, cloud-based unified communications platform that empowers productivity and delivers insights across the enterprise by enabling simplified business voice communications, flexible video conferencing, and always-on collaboration. Fuze (formerly ThinkingPhones) allows the modern, mobile workforce to seamlessly communicate anytime, anywhere, across any device.
At Fuze we are passionate about building software that enables teams to work together more effectively. We want to harness the power of video and high quality audio to build a communications and collaboration product that is intuitive, easy to use, reliable, elegant and above all visually stunning.
We are looking for an experienced engineer to help build and maintain our cloud infrastructure to support our backend as a service platform. With billions of call, message, and video events being processed each day, this system ensures consistent, real time data access for a number of critical applications, and powers up our client facing applications.
The successful applicant will be responsible for the following:
- Develop, test, productize, and support high availability Linux based architectures; custom applications and associated services
- Day to day management of distributed CentOS and Ubuntu nodes in a Cloud Environment
- Work with all the internal teams (SIP, RTP, XMPP layers), and Development (inhouse developed application stack) to design and support our Backend as a Service platform
- Project based work including Automation, OS patching, centralized logging, automating the configuration management or particular pieces of the environment, load testing, exploring alternative tools to incorporate into the environment, performance improvement, etc.
- Rolling out major changes and provide support during the process
- Document designs and procedures in our wiki in a clear and concise manner
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor degree, college or equivalent work experience
- 5 years Linux Systems Administration experience
- Expert level familiarity with Linux OS (Redhat variants and/or Ubuntu preferred)
- Intermediate level familiarity with configuration management tools such as chef
- Advanced scripting experience required (e.g. bash, perl, python, ruby)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytic and troubleshooting skills for problems that span multiple domains (applications, network, system, hardware)
- The position requires an organized, highly motivated individual that has excellent project and task management skills
- Operational experience with lightweight containers and microservices (Docker)
- Experience with centralized configuration management tools, such as chef or ansible
- Experience with hosting java webapps
- Experience with HAproxy or nginx
- Experience building and supporting high performance / high availability platforms
- Experience with monitoring tools (e.g. Nagios, splunk, Smokeping, MRTG)
- Previous experience with ITIL and agile methodologies
- Previous experience using AWS preferred