Reporting to the Director of Sales, the Area Manager main responsibility is the acquisition of new Quality Hotels participating into the Wanup program and maximization of revenue generated from Wanup Hotels partners.
Driving the implementation of the Wanup platform in the newly acquired Hotels ensuring the best product quality, the Area Manager will be actively participating in internal business initiatives and must be able to provide constructive feedback related to process efficiency and general workflow in a clear and actionable manner.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Meeting and exceeding assigned target and KPI’s.
- Consistently Increasing Wanup portfolio of online hotels for the assigned destination, creating a friendly, supportive relationship with the client base
- Able to identify and quickly capture sales opportunities, gaining a clear understanding of the prospect hotels businesses and requirements.
- Cold calling to arrange face to face meetings with potential hotel partners in order to get their agreement to join the Wanup program as their own customer loyalty program.
- Negotiating the terms of an agreement and closing sales.
- Continuously gathering market and prospect information through market research and related activities in the assigned destination.
- Acquire in a short amount of time excellent level of product knowledge and able to present in a structured professional way in face to face meeting or public speaking opportunities.
- Creating detailed proposal documents, often as part of a formal bidding process which is largely dictated by the prospective hotel.
- Acquire excellent level of knowledge on the company CRM (Salesforce.com) as well as always keep sales pipeline updated with all the relevant information as per company requirements and directions.
- Acquire excellent level of knowledge of the back office tools with excellent understanding of the production and uploading processes as well as the tools offered.
- If required, review and improve the information uploaded by the hotel owners/managers ensuring quality descriptions, pictures and necessary information of the uploaded apartments
- Become the person of contact and company representative in the assigned territory. Providing excellent service to prospect hotels that wish to partner with Wanup or following up on queries from existing partner facilitating issues resolution.
- Explain Wanup requirements and philosophy and transmit enthusiasm, confidence and credibility to our future partners.
- Work with the Director of Sales to ensure the quality and expected results of the destinations assigned.
- Be familiar with the assigned destinations’ KPIs and with the monthly targets to achieve.
- Ongoing communication with the inside sales team, supporting the team and working as One team
- Attend departmental team meetings and share best practice or constructive feedback
- Report immediately to the Director of Sales if any problems or unusual incidences with the website, Extranet or Salesforce.
- Other reasonable duties or tasks as assigned.
- 1-year minimum experience in a Sales or Acquisition role (B2B).
- Degree Level Educated.
- Field Sales Experience, (preferably matured in the online travel sector).
- Organized, disciplined and goals driven professional.
- Self starter with a high degree of self-motivation and ambition.
- Excellent communication skills and can influence the right people at the right level.
- Positive, confident and determined approach.
- Must be able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Experience in negotiation and meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Native level of Portuguese (written and oral communication skills) and proficiency in English and Spanish are mandatory.
- Proficiency with CRM tools preferred (salesforce.com). Expertise in Excel and PowerPoint.