Siemens Portugal is recruiting for the new Global Operations Center geared for the field of Information Technologies. Here will be developed corporative platforms to support the organization, which are used in the 190 countries where the company operates. The recruitment process is underway and Siemens seeks highly skilled professionals in various areas.
We are recruiting a ITSM Core Platform Specialist (with focus on technical interfaces), to perform the following responsibilities:
Core Platform Operations and Maintenance:
- Day-to-day operations of the Core Platform
- Technical monitoring of Core Platform availability and capacity
- Setting up and customizing of the Core Platform (e.g. system languages and other general platform wide settings)
- Management of regular or planned software upgrades or patching of the Core Platform
- Performance measuring and tuning of the Core Platform
- Platform operations 2nd level support
Interface Operations and Maintenance:
- Identify and assess interface requirements
- Define, implement, integrate and debug interfaces, including software and hardware components if required
- Identify, evaluate, and recommend interfaces and corresponding technologies to meet client and service objectives and requirements (functional and operational)
- Document interface design and solution
- Develop and implement interface attributes and any additional extensions together with Lead Architecture
- Develop designs and plans for interface deployment and integration, including testing and early life support
- Analyze and amend defects and faults discovered during testing
- Plan, schedule and oversee deployment and integration activities
- Perform interface implementation and integration
- Monitor interface
- Fine tune interface
- Provide technical support after implementation
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- BSC. degree with relevant experience in Computer Science or comparable education.
- 5+ years of experience in application or systems operations
- Solid knowledge of best practices and standards regarding interface architectures
- Relevant working experience in a large scale IT environment
- Excellent command in spoken and written English
- Motivated team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong structured problem solving skills and analytical thinking with organizational skills.
- Well organized to coordinate content creation and maintenance in a team of worldwide internal and external IT specialists
- Experience with ServiceNow or other ITSM tools
- Certified in ITIL v3
- Experience in project management
- Experience in data structures, data validation, exceptional handling and automated reporting
- Experience in writing efficient and scalable SQL queries and procedures
- In-depth knowledge of SQL Server architecture (i.e. security, relational engine, query optimizer, etc)
What else do I need to know?
- Integration in a young and dynamic team;
- Income and benefits compatible with function and politics of the company.