As a Quality Assurance Engineer you will be part of a software development team in an agile environment, which has short release cycles.
You should have experience in defining test plans, executing test cases, managing defects throughout their life cycle and working with developers and business analysts in order to solve issues and provide guidelines, ensuring the quality of the product. You’ll also have a decisive roll in the automation strategy of your team and project so experience in test automation will be greatly valued.
You must have a proven track record of software testing for fast paced organizations where time to market, quality and rapid change are critical to the company’s success.
Key Responsibilities & Duties
- Design test plans, scenarios, and test cases in accordance with the specifications set forth in the User Stories;
- Help to define tools, guidelines, standards and approaches to test automation in order to improve the software testing process;
- Assist in the creation of standards, guidelines, and processes to determine product quality or release readiness;
- Analyse, understand and review product requirements from the Rally tool and engaging with the appropriate stakeholders;
- Provide test estimates, design, and execute manual and automated tests in fast paced development sprints;
- Create/execute test cases along with appropriate test documentation;
- Analyse test results;
- Manage defects ensuring they are correctly captured, reported, tracked and retested;
- Help with generating test data for developers when required;
- Investigate and identify the source of software defects found and advise and take action in order to prevent known issues from reappearing;
- Provides technical QA leadership to junior engineers;
- Provides guidance in the implementation of automated tests and overall test automation strategy;
- Work with all members of the scrum team to ensure timely delivery of quality code.
Experience & qualifications Required
- Experience in Software Development (Java);
- Degree in Computer Science or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Awareness and experience in an Agile Software Development Life Cycle;
- Knowledge in Quality Assurance processes and in agile methodology;
- Capable of suggesting and writing simple business cases;
- Proficiency in black box and white box testing techniques;
- Experience of Test and Defect Management tools such as Quality Centre and Rally;
- Experience in Test Automation with Protractor or other Web Driver/Selenium-based technologies;
- Previous experience of Testing in an Agile environment, ideally Scrum;
- ISTQB Training – Foundation Level (preferential);
- Solid understanding of source control systems.
Key skills & attributes
- Strong analytical and diagnosis skills;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Has a passion for quality;
- Ability to follow issues in order to resolve them;
- Open minded to consider different perspectives and views;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (Portuguese and English);
- Ability to interact effectively with other functional teams;
- Ability to work in fast paced, team oriented environment;
- Flexible, ability to adapt to changing priorities requirements.