Our Destination Management business unit comprises of three strong global brands working together to shape the way people experience travel in locations worldwide. Destination Services provides destination management. Intercruises provides cruise port services. Pacific World offers meeting and incentive solutions across all continents.
The in-depth knowledge of our local teams spread across more than 40 countries gives Destination Management its leading edge. This position sits within our Destination Management unit.
The candidate will be in charge of the Belgian Market.
Duties may vary according to the type of guests that arrive with the tour operator but will typically include some or all of the following:
- Meeting the guests at the airport;
- Escorting guests to their accommodation;
- organising and hosting welcome meetings at the hotels where the guests are staying
- selling and organising excursions and other activities;
- selling car hire and other services;
- responding to clients’ queries (this may involve being on duty for set times each day);
- handling client issues, such as: lost luggage or passports; allegations of theft or other crimes; problems with rooms; health problems, injuries or even deaths;
- dealing with unforeseen ‘non-client’ problems, e.g. flight delays, coach strikes, weather conditions;
- resolving any conflict with or between clients;
- establishing and maintaining relationships with local hoteliers, apartment owners, excursion agents and travel companies;
- maintaining an in-depth knowledge of the resort and the local area in order to answer clients’ questions;
- accompanying customers on excursions and acting as a guide;
- taking part in and organizing daytime and evening entertainment;
- checking hotel standards and safety procedures;
- completing risk assessments and health and safety checks;
- keeping basic accounts and records and writing reports;
- Experience in the use of Office Package (Excel, word, PPP) and Outlook.
What we are looking for:
- A service and people orientated mind-set that will deliver our customer service.
- Previous experience of working in customer service or sales advantageous.
- A confident and positive personality with the commitment to go beyond the norm.
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Able to cope with ever-changing tasks and working hours in line with business requirements
- Good knowledge of French / Flemish a priority and English. Additional European languages advantageous
- The ability and maturity to live and work overseas and to manage own finances
- Driving license since minimum 1 year